In spring 2020, we introduced you a news summary related to the first major Dynamics 365 and Power Platform products update of this year. This article is focused on the autumn update offering many interesting improvements as well.
Microsoft constantly works on innovations and deliver them continuously to its customers. Find out more about the applications updates.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 news
Among the selected news related to the individual applications, we would like to point out the following:
New Dynamics 365 Sales mobile experience
- easily complete common tasks on the go;
- find customer information easily when you’re on the go, with improved search, lists, and forms;
- get started quickly with a standalone sales app.
- be more productive with new capabilities for the enhanced email experience;
- simplify your document workflows with enhanced PDF capabilities;
- get improved data management experience with simplified duplicate detection and merge capabilities.
- create engaging, customized emails faster;
- create and manage content-rich social media posts and easily monitor performance;
- in-place editing of email and forms;
- run webinars and meetings using direct integration with Microsoft Teams;
- collect data from form submissions more easily with expanded entity options.
D365 Customer Service
Improvements throughout the entire solution.
- knowledge search historical analytics;
- search for knowledge content in external sources;
- IoT alert measures and service history;
- activity monitoring for automatically created records;
- Customer Service Workspace – the new multisession app allows Customer Service agents to multitask on several customer cases simultaneously and switch among issues seamlessly without losing context of the in-progress work;
- familiar, modern email template experience for agents and administrators;
- intuitive email file attachment experience for agents;
- new forms and dashboards for Customer Service;
- SLA pause and resume enhancements.
D365 Field Service
More effective planning
- predictive work duration;
- enhanced skills-based matching in resource scheduling optimization;
- predictive technician travel time;
- enhanced work hours calendar for requirements.
- Dynamics 365 Field Service mobile app updates for field technician efficiency;
- technician time tracking on Dynamics 365 Field Service mobile app;
- usability improvements for the field technician booking form;
- calendar view for booking work orders;
- connected Field Service on Dynamics 365 Field Service mobile App.
Power Platform news
Within Power BI, the report creation update for mobile devices has taken place. Site templates such as PowerPoint programme layouts and shadow effect (drop shadows) were added. With updated Q&A, new smart narratives (sneak peak) or personalized visuals (insights), AI options have been changed as well.
- makers can add a custom page in the model-driven app designer;
- ability to interact with emails in mobile app;
- improved model-driven app header, sitemap, and app switching;
- mobile push notifications for model-driven apps;
- new, improved global search experience;
- offline capabilities for model-driven apps;
- transition to Unified Interface;
- UX improvements to sub grids and form tabs in Power Apps mobile app.
If you´re interested in some of the news you were unaware of, we can advise you on how to implement them to your company. In case you undergo digital transformation right now or think about implementation of a CRM system, do not hesitate and contact us. We will be pleased to offer you a free consultation and introduce you a demo.